Subject: Re: [Leica] Brasil wins World Soccer Cup
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 14:02:23 -0700

Kriegspiel, and not its diminutive board variant, is a sacred and
hollowed activity. Of course, we can't forget that there is an 'order of
battle' with its proscribed rules. It leaves little room for individual initiative.
Myself, I'm a student of the moments where an individual's initiative
breaks through the ordered mass. Often times redirecting the community's
historical momentum, sometimes for a very short time, at others for a
much longer duration.
To me Germany's defeat at the hands, or feet, of the Brazilians conjures
in my mind two worlds in collision. It reflects in a rarefied fashion
how the two address the world and its confounding realities.
Slobodan Dimitrov