Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 Photo
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 15:19:57 -0700

B. D. asked:
>>> It's a terrific photo - but please someone explain this to me...you
point
> the camera at the scene - the meter is designed to read mostly the center
> 1/3rd of the image - in fact the meter is described as being essentially a
> large spot meter....so Tina point the camera, the center third of the
image
> is bright light outdoors...and yet the resulting exposure contains not a
> whit of detail in the grossly overexposed center third while the
surrounding
> two thirds, which are virtually in the dark, are properly exposed...as one
> would want this image exposed. I have to admit that I don't understand how
> it was possible to obtain this exposure without making manual
adjustments.<<<

Tina explained....
>>I usually leave it on integral but in this situation would have put it on
spot metering and metered on the faces.<<<<

But she's answering a question pertaining to using an R8 and not the
M7......

So B.D. mon ami,
One still doesn't require any manual adjustment really, it's quite simple
and I'll leave it for Tina's response. ;-)

Hang on, don't go away and she'll be right with you. :-)

ted