Subject: [Leica] Canuck wilderness [was: M7 Photo]
From: bennett <3bennett@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:31:13 +0100

>just back from a backpacking/canoe trip in the Canuck wilderness... thought
>about taking the digicam but the thought of all that water and no
>electricity made a nonsense of it... so packed an M4-P, 24mm & 28mm Elmarit
>+ the voigtlander 15mm and a lightmeter. It all went in one of those tiny
>pelican 1200 cases and survived moose, bear, snapping turtles, downpours,
>backpacking, gruelling portages, water snakes and flying squirrels. In fact
>the Leica came back in a lot better shape than I did.
>[snip]
>John Brownlow

John,

You mean you went out of your way to get "moose, bear, snapping turtles,
downpours, backpacking, gruelling portages, water snakes and flying
squirrels"??? Good god, man!

My idea of the great outdoors remains the patch of asphalt between this
bookstore and the bar across the street.

Haven't seen a flying squirrel yet!

Guy