Subject: Re: [Leica] HotBuysElectronics
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 00:57:33 -0700 (PDT)

Jan Schuller wrote:

Does anybody now about a shop called HotBuysElectronics
(www.hotbuyselectronics.com) in NYC?. On there Webpage they are
offering M-Lenses at cheap prices (Noctilux: 2000 $) and I wonder if I
should order one.

I have no personal experience of them but I would be cautious, in view
of the mixed references I've seen on photo.net:
http://www.photo.net/neighbor/one-subcategory?id=2 (see below):

HotBuys Electronics.com : Despite the Negs I had a positive experience
- -- Andrew S, June 29, 2002

HotBuys Electronics.com : Note Sketchy details on Web - Leads to Bait
and Switch -- Kenneth Page, May 14, 2002

HotBuys Electronics.com : Not ImPRESSED!!! -- Chris Sparks, May 7, 2002

HotBuys Electronics.com : BEWARE!!! All grey market, no US warranty. --
Scott Petler, March 21, 2002

HotBuys Electronics.com : Best online prices and an excellent web site.
- -- Thomas Gardner, March 12, 2002

HotBuys Electronics.com : Did not refund full amount! Do not buy from
these crooks! -- michael sparks, January 18, 2002

HotBuys Electronics.com : Outstanding Serivce, Highly Recomended --
Linda Johnson, January 16, 2002

HotBuys Electronics.com : BEWARE - As crooked as a CORKSCREW!! --
philip schuck, January 15, 2002

HotBuys Electronics.com : Hot Buys Electronics --Stay Away! -- michael
sparks, January 1, 2002

HotBuys Electronics.com : Beware! -- Andrew Uhr, May 8, 2001

HotBuys Electronics.com : Good service, best prices -- James Bennett,
January 21, 2001

HotBuys Electronics.com : Excellent Service & Prices -- Peggy
Hernandez, October 29, 2000

Regards,

=====
Ray