Subject: [Leica] Re: Introduction
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 13:00:24 -0700

Original Messatge-----
Greetings to all,

I have been a lurker on this list for some time now and I have decided to
come out of the shadows.

I have only recently taken up photography again, after a break of some ten
years, and I'm enjoying it greatly.
I am looking for a way to show some of my pictures on the web. I don't have
any HTML skills, so I'm not able to build my own site.
Can any of you recommend a free site to post pictures ?
Any help would be welcome.

Johan Doumont

johan.doumont@pandora.be
- -------------------------

I will have to look at leica-gallery.  I have tried photo.net and was not
too happy with it.  I found the interface for posting photographs very slow
and a bit tedious in its format; for example it took me quite a while to
figure out how to delete a photograph.  The one I have been using and like
so far is http://photoalbumweb.com.  You can see some junk I've posted
there under http://photoalbumweb.com/herbk

They make editing the site extremely easy.  I wonder what the motivation
for setting up the site was; there is no advertising and it is free.  The
one caveat: the format of posted files must be JPEG.

Oh, before posting this, I took a quick look at leica-gallery.  I was
instantly turned off when I saw it was a part of Yahoo Groups--just a
personal dislike based on the way Yahoo crapped up egroups after they
bought it and renamed it Yahoo Groups.

Herb
- --
Herbert Kanner