Subject: Re: [Leica] GeeBees' PAW Week 26
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 17:45:13 -0400

At 03:59 PM 7/2/02 -0500, you wrote:
> > You may get a feel for the degree of my discomfort by stopping someone in
> > the street, asking their permission to take a shot from uncomfortably close
> > range and then asking them for their name. I break out in a cold sweat just
> > writing it down.
> > Graham

Graham -

I feel exactly the same and I've been specializing in people photography
for over 20 years!!   The secret, to me, is to have an assignment - even if
it is one you have assigned yourself.  I think you are already doing this
with the "stranger" assignment.  It doesn't get any easier, but most people
are very nice and understanding and I have made some lasting friends who
started as strangers.  I am really enjoying your photographs.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

images available from: