Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: To M7 or not to M7, c'est la question - LONG
From: "Doug Lee" <drlee9@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 08:10:05 -0400

Allan,

Are you sure about the weather proofness of Canon L lenses? I own 3 of them
(17-35, 28-70 and 70-200 IS) and only the 70-200 IS has a rubber gasket
between the lense mount and camera body. Also, I broke the 28-70 (it took a
header from about 5ft onto a carpeted floor while attached to an EOS-1V HS.
Broke in two. ) It snapped right at the base and I did not notice any signs
of weather proofness. Just a board where ribbon cables used to be
attached )-:

I used to own a Nikon 28-70 AF-S and it apeared to be much better sealed
against the elements than either the Canon 17-35 or 28-70.

Regards,
Doug