Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: To M7 or not to M7, c'est la question - LONG
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 21:01:26 -0400

Tina, I love Leica cameras, but some of the things said about them is
hard to take. Most people are wise enough to use the camera that works
best for what they need to do. For the vast number of professional
photographers that means an AF Nikon or Canon. Perhaps backed up with a
Leica rangefinder for those times when one must be quiet. I think the
best Leica glass is equalled by the best Nikon and Canon lenses. There
may be a few lines difference on paper, but nothing that will be
apparent on the print or slide, even less on the printed page. Canon
makes a big f/1 lens, but I can't help think that f/1 is that much more
useful than f/1.2 or even f/1.4. AF lenses inherently will have more
problems in bad weather than MF lenses, but the Canon L series, Nikon
AF-S, and Minolta G lenses are very well weather sealed. My weather
sealed Canon EOS 3 body has seen its share of rain without one
misfunction.

My point about batteries is that the M7 has joined the ranks of
battery-needy cameras.

BTW, loved your last shot. Beautiful.

Allan

Replies: Reply from "Doug Lee" <drlee9@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: To M7 or not to M7, c'est la question - LONG)