Subject: [Leica] Re: FOM 2/year 2
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:50:36 -0400

I too have an uneasiness about the FOM2 only accepting Leica taken
photos. There is no way to enforce the demand. Any photo taken with any
camera and lens can be submitted. Are the entries going to be
authenticated by bokeh? Truth is, any slob with a point-and-shoot can
enter FOM2. The demand leads already weak human nature down the path of
dishonesty.

Steve, I love your photos, but your logic for excluding non-Leica
cameras is weak. Leica is supporting FOM 2, but not financially? What
does that mean: We use $2000+ Leica cameras and $1200 Leica lenses and
Solms gives out a self-satisfied grin? LUG membership is required to
enter FOM2. Good. There is no reason to tamper with that requirement, so
we need not fear the "tens-of-thousands" of unwanted entries.

A FOM2 that required LUG membership, but allowed any camera to be used
and what do you get: A bunch of people who love and use Leicas, but who
also like to take a shot with their Olympus XA-2 or whatever camera they
have at the moment, and if the shot comes out good, maybe send it to
FOM2.

Allan

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> ([Leica] Re: FOM 2/year 2)
Reply from Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: FOM 2/year 2)