Subject: Re: [Leica] Piezotone seleniem inks
From: William Gower <w_gower@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 15:30:35 -0400

On 7/4/02 1:45 PM, "Darrell Jennings" wrote:

> Yes Clif I have used them for about three weeks. They
> work great, much better in terms of not clogging than
> the previous Quad Blacks. I use an Epson 3000 and it
> had terrible clogging problems with the old Quad Black
> inks. I could get maybe three prints out of a clean
> print head before clogging, then had to reload Epson
> inks to clear the heads...a real pain.

I have the most tenacious head clog imaginable that surfaced after I
installed a CIS. NOTHING has helped. Even after I switched the Quad Black
inks out for new OEM Epson cartridges and ran them empty, I still can't get
rid of the clogs.

It's making me mental. Nothing I've done has solved it including windex,
alcohol, compressed air...I even tried vodka ater someone on photo.net
posted it as a possible solution.

I'm about ready to trash the printer - I have at best half of the lines from
a nozzle check.

Darrell - did your clog mysteriously disappear after installing the Epson
cartridges ? Or was there more work to it than that ?

William