Subject: Re: [Leica] Oh man do I have problems...
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 22:17:51 -0400

At 05:43 PM 7/4/02 -0600, you wrote:

>Absolutely any advice would be appreciated!!!
>
>John Collier
>
>Good Lord Ted and Tina! How do you do it?

Well, my knees are gone from years of carrying equipment on my back.  Now
whenever I can I roll it.  I also use a photo vest to distribute the weight
and a waist pack to stow lenses for quick changes.  I'm also carrying less
equipment.  This year I took the M7, Noctilux, a spare M6, R6.2, 19mm, and
85 mm lenses, two digital cameras with tiny cards replacing a hundred rolls
of film.  All of that fits nicely in a small Tamrac backpack.  For
traveling, I put the backpack in a roll-around carry-on to wheel through
the airports.  The roll-around later serves as an extra surface for camera
equipment in muddy huts.

Working out at the Y to strengthen my back, arms, and knees has helped more
than any camera bag could.

Hope this helps -

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP