Subject: Re: [Leica] Piezotone seleniem inks.
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 22:11:35 -0700

Darrell Jennings wrote:

> Good point.  I am using the warm tone inks.
> --- "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <gilplant@hvc.rr.com>
> wrote:
> > Are you sure that you're talking about the
> > _Selenium_ tone and not the
> > new "Warm Neutral" piezotone inks?
><Snip>

I guess they're calling it selenium that means it's more permanent?
Arcival?
That what selenium means in the darkroom. You don't use it, you've got a
green print with limited value.

Use it after fixing twice and washing long enough. Hypo clearing and
you've taken the green out and protected silver in the print from the
sulfur dioxide in the atmosphere.
I guess it turns the silver to silver selenite.

I like Inkjetting but this calling these inks "selenium" kind of
irritates me.
Kind of like "Titanium" on a wind breaker.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com