Subject: Re: [Leica] airport security kinda long. ;-)
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 05:17:04 -0700 (PDT)

A perfect example of why airlines are in serious
trouble. It may sound like a small percentage, but if
4 or 5 percent of their revenue goes away because the
average miles someone is willing to drive vs. fly goes
up, they will not survive in their current form...very
few businesses with a big capital investment and low
margins can survive this kind of downturn.

Someone wrote to say they would sue....well unless a
security guard does something inappropriate or
negligent you won't have a case....Where they do get
impacted is by customers voting with their automobiles
to drive on trips that they would have flown on in the
past...This is a big deal for airlines.