Subject: Re: [Leica] Piezotone seleniem inks.
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 08:20:43 -0700 (PDT)

So far I've been happy with the Cone Photo Matte for
color and with Hannemule Photo Rag 188 for black and
white. I also like the Wells River for black and
white...very nice paper, but a pain to work
with..Example: the steps to printing with Wells River
are:

1. Take out the paper and brush it both sides with a
reasonably stiff brush.
2. Load a piece of 3/16ths foam core board in the
printer cut to the size of the paper you are printing
on.
3. Load the paper in the printer...be prepared to hand
nudge it to keep it straight as it loads...gentle with
the hand nudging.
4. Every third or forth sheet, release the rubber feet
that feed the paper on the Epson 3000. Clean them with
a Q-tip that you have wetted with a mixture of water
and small amount of Ivory Liquid soap. After cleaning
with a Q-tip, put the feet back in place and run a
feeding or two on each foot while you hold a piece of
400 grit sand paper to finish the cleaning...don't let
the sand paper feed, just let the feed rub on it.

The above was determined by working with the local
Epson tech.  Seems to work well.  The paper is a pain,
but it really looks great if you go through all the
trouble.