Subject: Re: [Leica] Armadillo (way off topic) and Possum (totally off topic)
From: Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 10:14:38 -0500

Gotta be a possum. The jaws are too large for an armadillo, and the tail is
too long. Armadillos don't flatten that nicely in the road either. Usually,
part of their shell is flattened and the rest is pointing skyward.

By the way, as far as I know, armadillos are the only non-human mammals to
naturally carry the causal organism for Hansen's disease (leprosy).
Remember that when you are scarfing them in stew. (also notable is that it
is the least communicable bacterium among humans, but its cousin, the
tuberculosis bacterium, is the most communicable known). Possum reportedly
tastes like pork.

If this were one of Stephen's forums, I'd be getting myself involuntarily
unsubscribed right now.