Subject: Re: [Leica] alistair's project, alistair's rules...
From: Jeffery Smith <jls@runbox.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 16:46:37 -0500

There does seem to be a critical mass at which some folks start launching
personal insults to participants in a thread. The attacks came far earlier
in the FOM2 thread than I am used to seeing on the LUG. It is unfortunate
that both the participants in the thread AND the subject (people, usually)
in the thread end up getting dung all over them.

I'm sure that the FOM2 thread will come up again, simply because it seems
to be a Leica promotion based on other promotions in the past (e.g.,
contests sponsored by Kodak in which you must use Kodak film). I regret
that I didn't get out of Wednesday's thread sooner than I did.

Hmmm....now somebody appears to be defending the reputation and integrity
of Amtrak. Think I'll go watch that Twilight Zone marathon........

Jeffery