Subject: Re: [Leica] first yellowstone photos (no critter content)
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 14:20:56 -0700

on 7/7/02 12:38 PM, Allan Wafkowski at allan@sohogurus.net wrote:

> I'm unable to describe the technical reasons, but
> medium format prints have a "presence" that 35mm do not.

When Galen Rowell and Bill Atkinson exhibited their early LightJet prints
side-by-side at Rowell's Emeryville gallery it was very clear that
Atkinson's prints from 6x6 film were technically more pleasing than Rowell's
from 35mm film.  Of course, Rowell wan't using german or canadian glass ...

;)

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com