Subject: Re: [Leica] first yellowstone photos (no critter content)
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 14:48:52 -0700

on 7/7/02 9:42 AM, Don Dory at dorysrus@mindspring.com wrote:

> Doug, amazing stuff.
>
> I'm going to propose an additional PLUG law.  Don't take your tripod and
> film into Yellowstone to take pictures of rocks and trees.  Stop at the
> wildlight website and buy a print from Doug Herr.  Your trip will be more
> enjoyable and others traveling with you will have a better time.  More
> importantly, the pictures on your wall will be better.
>
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/land/towercreek.html
>
> This image in particular adds to fuel to the fire that for moderate print
> sizes there is no reason to carry medium format much less large format into
> the woods.  Just in case anyone missed one of the past weeks threads.
>
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

Don, thank you for your kind thoughts.  There is far more detail in this
particular neg than my scanner can read, and even with the downsizing to fit
a computer screen I still like the image quality.  Even so if I were
primarily a landscape photographer I'd be looking into a larger film format
so I'd have the option of making really HUGE prints with better quality.

This was my first roll of B&W film in several years and I must say I like
the results.  If nothing else, B&W landscapes will keep me pushing that
button when the critters aren't cooperating.  Next is to get set up for
Piezography...

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com