Subject: Re: [Leica] Hands
From: Darrell Jennings <darrell_jennings@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 06:50:07 -0700 (PDT)

I've been responsible for a few product lines in my
career, and would have loved to have had a market that
would allow me to put a new paint job on my 50 year
old product design and sell it for 50% more just
because it looked cool....

They may not have advertising that you find creative,
but you have to admit they have developed a demand and
desire for an old product that very few products and
indsutries enjoy.  As a contrast, the Nikon S3 reissue
(while nicely done) has not caught on the way MANY
reissues and special editions of Leica M cameras
have...in spite of the marketing savvy and big budgets
of Nikon. Leica is doing more right than wrong...and
that's a good thing, otherwise we wouldn't have
anything new to look forward to.

Also, I think it also shows the appeal of the original
design of the M...look at ANY of the M6 special
editions vs. the 0 series....