Subject: [Leica] Re: Hands
From: David Young <dnr@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:58:55 -0700

Ted:

Remember the Sony TV (& print) ads from a few years back? The ones where
they showed images of people using a Sony Camcorder or humungous TV?  No
commentary - sometimes not even background music - just people having fun
with the product.  And at the end, the announcer simply intoned: "It's a
Sony.", nothing more.

These ads had nothing to do with selling product, but everything to do with
creating image.

It may be that Hermes had an influence in these ads, or it may be that
Solms has a greater understanding of their overall market than we do. If
the latter we, who actually use the products, are in trouble!

David Young

Please note: New Email Address:  DnR@horizon.bc.ca

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: Hands)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Hands)