Subject: [Leica] Digital obsolecence
From: "Aram Langhans" <langhans@yakima-wa.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:15:39 -0700

A thought.

In the last 30+ years of my photographic career I have noticed that the
quality of film has improved.  Look at the grain of the old High Speed
Ektachrome which was only ASA 160 and compare it to modern 400 slide film.
Print film, both color and B&W have become much better.  Now, to take
advantage of this all I had to do was to drop the new film into my old
reliable (at that time Rollei SL-35) and shoot away.  I can take any old
camera and take full advantage of the new film technology.  Cool!!!

So, why not design a digital camera that is modular.  Improvements in the
sensor??  Just drop a new one in with a bit of circuitry and bingo - my 2.3
Mpixel is now a 6.5 Mpixel.  I don't have to clutter the used market with
worthless junk or fill up the landfill.

But where it the profit in that???

Aram

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Digital obsolecence)