Subject: Re: [Leica] StreetKid State of Affairs
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:54:17 -0700

Hi Scott;
I take it to mean by 'a step in the right direction' that you're in the
process of developing a stylistic signature.
Since you education was shabbily misdirected by a zoom lens, try using,
at best, only two lenses. A 35mm for normal usage and the 50mm for a
telephoto, with the 50mm used very, very sparingly. Below is a sample of
the 35mm at work. I didn't even know I had the shot until I looked at
the negs. Human beings are extremely kinetic, even when sitting still
for some reason. It helps to stay loose and NOT think about anything
else other than the composition.
http://www.laweekly.com/ink/02/34/open-mikulan.php
I think the essay, in the print version, is my R8's entrance unto the
playing field. It's finally starting to earn its keep.
The correct spelling of my first name is Slobodan, by the way.
Best,
 Slobodan Dimitrov