Subject: [Leica] Making a gallery
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:54:04 -0700

After some dissatisfaction with some of the ready to use sites, e.g.
leica-gallery as compared to directly displaying from my own site, I
decided to learn how to use GoLive, a web site development product, to make
my own gallery.  My first attempt can be seen at
http://members.telocity.com/kanner

The actual pictures have been seen before; I am just using them for the
exercise.  My 8 x 10 RA-4 prints were scanned with a Cannon N676U at 100
dpi, which was probably over-kill; 75 would probably have been sufficient.
They were saved as TIF files, picked up in Photoshop, oriented if
necessary, and saved as best quality approx 7 x 9 jpg images and as lowest
quality one-inch thumbnails.  Two of the pictures had slight cropping that
should have been done in the enlarger, and two of them appeared a bit dark
on the screen, so I brightened them using the histogram tool.
- --
Herbert Kanner
kanner@acm.org
650-326-8204