Subject: Re: [Leica] Cook & Perkins Adapter
From: Biogon44@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:05:21 -0400

I also have this Cook and Perkins adapter.  I'm not sure that I would describe it as magnificently made and over-engineered.  I suspect that it was made and sold in postwar Britain to enable one to utilise Contax lenses on Leica  bodies, in an era of austerity and strict camera import restrictions.  In fact, my adapter held Contax lenses rather loosely and I had to correct this problem with the judicious use of thick instant glue in carefully selected mount areas.  I also have the more recently-made Japanese adapter, which I think is better, both cosmetically and mechanically.