Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Flash guide numbers and they work? OT
From: "Mark Davison" <DAVISON_M@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:08:41 -0700

In a nutshell:

Guide Number / Distance to subject = f-stop.

So for example,

if the guide number is 20 meters

the distance to the subject is 10 meters

then the appropriate f-stop is 20 meters / 10 meters = f 2.0

The f-stop alone controls the flash exposure, you control the contribution
of the ambient light with the shutter speed, remembering to keep it at or
below the synch speed.

Mark Davison