Subject: Re: [Leica] Black and White Magazine
From: "Mark Davison" <DAVISON_M@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 17:00:21 -0700

Don Dory wrote, in part:

> I think the issue with an original digital file is the what you see is
what
> you get.  With an original print or slide you have a reference standard
for
> the digitization process.  With a pure digital file as original the
magazine
> doesn't really have any idea what the image is supposed to look like.

It would seem to me that open-loop color management could solve a lot of
these problems.   Just require that the submitters process the images in
Photoshop on a calibrated monitor, and make sure the color-space profile of
the image (e.g. Adobe RGB) is embededded in the image file. The embedded
color profile plays the role of the reference standard.

Otherwise how do high-end magazines use advertising shot on digital?

Mark Davison

Message from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Black and White Magazine)