Subject: Re: [Leica] Black and White Magazine
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 16:03:56 -0400

> Darrell, It seems that is the magazine publishers decision to make, I have
> banned all digital images from my own monthly print magazine, they are too
> much trouble technically for print.

Please explain this decision of yours and the meaning of ...too much trouble
technically for print.  I have read, for several years and been told by the
stock agencies that represent my work and most users of my material,  that
most consumer, technical, limited distribution magazines and similar print
publications are almost entirely produced using digital methods and files up
to the ink hitting the paper.  Are you saying that the printer and the
printing process can distinguish between an original digital image file and
a digital image file produced from film?

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Black and White Magazine)