Subject: Re: [Leica] Black and White Magazine
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 17:04:32 -0400

I think the issue with an original digital file is the what you see is what
you get.  With an original print or slide you have a reference standard for
the digitization process.  With a pure digital file as original the magazine
doesn't really have any idea what the image is supposed to look like.  In a
controlled environment it works great but with unsolicited work being sent
in the editors have no way of knowing what the picture is really supposed to
look like.

Hang around a photofinishing counter for a little while and you will see
what I mean.  "Why are all my pictures so yellow" Or, from a digital file,
why is my picture blue, I took it in bright sun: with white balance set for
tungsten.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from "Mark Davison" <DAVISON_M@msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Black and White Magazine)