Subject: Re: [Leica] R6.2 Focus Screen Problem
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:45:06 -0400

EC - your screen sounds like the standard one.  My question to you is the
focus different if you use the pure ground glass  vs. the microprism/split
image?  Shouldn't be but you should check.  If it is the same then I'm not
sure what the problem is - just use the ground glass portion to focus and
forget about the split image.  I came from the other way - being used to
split image focusing and having to adjust to the ground glass form of
focusing - which is why I still prefer split image for wide angle lenses.

Ernie