Subject: [Leica] R6.2 Focus Screen Problem
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@ma.ultranet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:34:38 -0400

- -- Hi folks!
    Got a bit of a focus problem. I just acquired an R6.2 from a friend who
put ONE roll through it and decided it was not for him. I know him well -
the camera is perfect. I always wanted one, and like it very much
....BUT..... I notice that I can only focus accurate and fast using the
microprism collar on the screen. The split image is OK, but I don't like a
split image anyway. But my big concern is the ground glass around it. It's
very bright and all, but even when 'sharply focused' say on even a flat
object, anything on the ground glass part of the screen looks a bit 'soft'
or hazy, like a light Softar Filter were in front of the lens. The
microprism area is sharp as the proverbial tack! I'd like to switch to an
ALL ground glass screen or a grid, but then I fear that the whole thing will
be a mess.
    Any advice will of course be most appreciated!
            EC