Subject: Re: [Leica] Solms repairs (for the record)
From: "Daniel Ridings" <dlridings@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:23:21 +0200

Sometimes we mention the time it takes for repairs.

My darling, the M3, came back from Solms today. I'll really have to hand it
to them. I didn't get my M3 rangefinder back. I suppose I can live with
that.

On the other hand it came back in a Velvet bag and with a body cap :)

The whole thing took less than 14 days. That's including transport from
Sweden to Germany and back.

There is no authorized repair service in Sweden. The one in Scandinavia
recommended I junk my M4 and buy a new used one. Like I said before, I sent
it to Solms, they did a fantastic job on it, and it didn't cost half the
price of a beat-up used M4.

I'd use them again. I have a CL my wife whacked ... it's just lying around.
Maybe its time to have it gone over.

Daniel Ridings