Subject: RE: [Leica] Solms repairs (for the record)
From: "Daniel Ridings" <dlridings@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:57:22 +0200

>Daniel...
>
>Did they fix the problem you previously described?

Ahhh ... no. The "problem" I described previously can be summarized: Leitz
made really good stuff. Leica makes good stuff. They put good stuff in my
really good camera. I've never used a Leica after M4 so I wasn't aware of
the degeneration of quality in Leica products. I got top notch present day
Leica quality. It's just that it doesn't cut the mustard by older standards.
Live and learn.

No, my M3 is not the same camera nor is it anywhere as good as it used to
be. I guess I was just spoiled with the old M3 and the M4. I hadn't been
following the "spam" about flares and all of that so I hadn't a clue that
there was a problem.

I should have b**ched immediately. (For the longest time I thought the
problem must be with me.) Then there might have been time to back-track. I
suppose I could pick up a 24mm Voigtlander lens and dedicate the camera to
it. :)

I've run a roll of film through it. Focusing is a pain. I just hope it's
accurate.

Daniel