Subject: Re: [Leica] Tom Smart week 29
From: Michael Gerard <geeman1066@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 19:34:19 -0500

Tom,
    I love the expression on the boy's face as well.  Good capture.  His
youthful enthusiasm is a nice contract to the sober look of the guy in the
background studying the hanging, or whatever it is, in front of him.
    I think you can improve the composition in two ways.  There seem to me to
be too many background distractions.  I think you could lose the woman on the
right with a crop without losing very much in the photo--essentially, the
gentleman provides the same contrast to the boy, while occupying less space
and attention in the photo.  IMHO, the boy should be the central focus.
Cropping also drops him nicely at an intersection   Second, I think the truck
is a distraction.  You could eliminate it by shooting with a larger aperture
to leave it out of focus, or, if you are wizard with PS like Sonny, you could
blur that sucker out now.
    Regardless, this photo captures a lovely expression of joy and
excitement.  It's a good shot.
Regards,
Michael Gerard
geeman1066@earthlink.net