Subject: RE: [Leica] Awesome Web Site OT
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:28:17 -0400

It's excellent work. But what struck me was how good her color work was. I
didn't realize she only went full=time in '99, but I sure noticed that she
has only been out of college since 1992 and has already picked up more
awards that most people get in a life-time. She is definitely someone to
watch.

BUT - come on, it's ME, you knew there had to be a BUT....

I was somewhat bothered by how very weak the caption material was with the
B&W essay on female circumcision. She seemed to accept it at face value, and
failed to provide any context, or point out how controversial a practice it
is. This may have to do with her youth and general inexperience, but it is
disturbing none the less. On the other hand, the photos were terrific.

B. D.