Subject: RE: [Leica] Awesome Web Site OT Opera - you're kidding right?!
From: "Stuart Phillips" <Stuart.Phillips@umb.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:44:18 -0400

Rei - I realize now English is probably your second language, so I
shouldn't have said you don't have a sense of humor.  My first comment
about Hasselblads and Nasa was a joke.  I know that going to the moon
makes no difference in distance as far as infinity is concerned.  It was
just a joke because Hasselblad is famous for going into space.

As far as the web is concerned, I don't like a lot of flash sites and I
don't like the experience sites which teenagers like.  There is no
content.  Yes, web designers (and I work with some) try to get their
sites to work with different browsers, IE, Netscape, PC, Mac System 9
and X, Linux, Unix, with Java and without, AOL.  They really don't
bother to test out with much more than that. As far as connection speed,
you're right for the sites you mention.  But we are photographers.  Our
business is graphics. Get a connection speed that is right for graphics.
People are on the LUG talking about $2000 cameras and $1000 lenses but
they won't spend $600 a year for a real internet connection. Instead
they expect everone elso to post small graphics on PAW sites so that it
doesn't tax their connections.  But I want to see glorious images that
fill my screen.

Best

Stuart phillips