Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Digilux 1 batteries are in!
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:42:23 -0400

At 09:51 AM 7/25/02 -0400, you wrote:
>For those with the Digilux I wanted to report that replacement/additional
>batteries are now in country (USA) - I just got mine from Opticsusa.com .
>The Leica sponsored Digital Forum indicated that the battery for the
>Panasonic version of the Digilux Won't work in the Digilux - this I find
>strange and may not be true.  Tina you would know if this is true of not -
>any help?  Anyway the Panasonic website has the item backordered but it is
>$49 vs $$92 for the Leica product.

Thanks for the news, Ernie.  Now why would they say that?  ;-)  They are
exactly the same batteries.  I just took the one out of the Panasonic and
put it in the Leica and it works fine.  They are the same size, 7.2v
1400mAh Li-ion.  Both are made by Matsushita in Japan. The only visible
difference is one says "Leica" and the other says "Panasonic".  I think
I'll order the cheaper one.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com