Subject: [Leica] FS: Leica IIIf, Contax IIa, lenses, fine prints
From: Douglas Herr<telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:03:02 -0700

One of my co-workers has asked me to peddle his late grand-dad's IIIf, lenses
and miscelaneous stuff.  Everything was purchased new by his
grandfather.  The Leica stuff was CLA'd in 1967 and used lightly since then.
None of this is pristine but OTOH none appears to have been misused.

  We will also be selling a Contax IIa with
50mm f/2 and 85mm f/2 Sonnar lenses once I figure out how to price them.
Inquire if interested.

IIIf BD s/n 532978, w/ beat-up ERC, Leica flash sync table and japanese
accessory self-timer.  Body has numerous little scrapes and rub marks
on chrome but no dents or ugly areas.  Base plate
is in similar condition plus a small chip of
chrome is missing showing brass underneath.  Slow
speeds appear to be working properly but shutter
has not been tested.  Slow speed dial shows some
brassing.  Viewfinder is clear, RF seems bright
and clear but keep in mind I'm no rangefinder
expert.  I've checked the RF against my SL and
they agree at all distances.  Slight vertical mis-
alignment.  Vulcanite is in excellent condition
with the exception of a tiny spot between the
slow speed dial and lens mount.  $275

5.0cm f/2.0 collapsible Summitar s/n 797976, glass clear, no sign of scratches
or coating damage, distance scale in feet, focus smooth but
aperture ring very stiff, chrome Leica front cap,
chrome metal rear cap, push-on yellow filter
(user condition, brand unknown, marked Germany),
plus Tiffen adapter for Summitar to Series VI
filters, and Kodak metal Series VI lens hood.
These last two are user items, the hood and
filter adapter could stand some touch-up of the
black flocking on the interior surfaces.  $125

90mm f/4.0 Elmar s/n 808213, glass clear,
vulcanite excellent, small marks on barrel, focus
and aperture work well, distance scale in feet, chrome metal Leica front cap,
chrome metal rear
cap.  $150

Leica meter with incident and low-light adapters,
probably not working.  $10

Contax IIa black dial, Zeiss bumps on back, s.t. sluggish, vertical alignment
off.  Shutter not tested but all working and slow speeds sound good to my ear.
 Back and botton have some scrapes, dings and brassing; includes well-used
ERC.  $275

50mm f/2 Zeiss (Opton) Sonnar T coated s/n 707312, focus and aperture smooth,
excellent condition.  $100

85mm f/2 Zeiss (Jena) Sonnar T coated s/n 3209753, focus very stiff and
internal dust, with 85/135 viewfinder.  $200

Zeiss Ikophot selenium meter, cream-colored
housing, seems to be working OK, with incident
adapter and worn leather case.  $20

I don't have much experience with any of this equipment so if there's anything
you want me to
check or clarify let me know.  Please respond off-
list to telyt@eartlink.net

ALSO - I am selling fine prints of my
photographs; the ones made with Leica
equipment are at:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/leicaprints.html

And all prints available, including those made with off-topic equipment, are
at:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/ordering.html

Prints of one of the Mountain Bluebird photos will be available in a few days.
 I will be off-line from Thursday evening through Monday morning so please be
patient if I don't get back to you before this evening.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com