Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - film scanner
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:50:04 -0500

> I've had several mounted Kodachromes scanned by Coolscan IV and LS-4000 and in
> all cases the scanner's depth of field was a problem.  The center of the scan
> is great but toward the edges the image detail is poor and the film grain is
> blurred.

I'll second that shortcoming with the LS-IV. Depth of field is poor it's a
major complaint among Nikon scanner users. As Tina said you can change the
mounts and this might help some BUT is remounting everything you want good
scans of worth it? IMO it's a so-so product...and yes I do have one. It can
give you great scans if all the conditions are right...and the wind is
blowing from the southwest...and there is a full moon...and...

- --
John Straus
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com