Subject: [Leica] Back from the Far East
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:07:49 -0600

I'm just back from three weeks in Quebec and Ontario where I had the
pleasure of meeting Emanuel Lowi for some blitz shooting in Montreal
last Friday.

The family and Leicas survived several days of heavy smoke from the big
forest fires in northern Quebec (and seemingly more than 50% of the
adult population of Quebec where apparently they've never heard of lung
cancer, stroke, heart attacks, etc.).

I put more rolls through the Leicas in three weeks than I usually can
put through in two months. The rapidwinder is well on its way to being
broken in.

We hit most of the recommended restaurants including one in old town
Quebec City which offered horse steak (presumably the loser in the sixth
race). You could still see the whip marks where the jockey had been
beating it!

I've finally caught up with the LUG Digest - sounds like Ted and Tina
find the M7 meter as good as the meter in the R8. I also loved the Tilly
hat discourse!

Regards,

Greg