Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS film and travel - NOW travel by Amtrak
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 14:23:13 -0600

On our recent family trip we took the train (Via Rail) from Montreal to
Quebec City and from Quebec City to Ottawa. After three days in Ottawa
we got back on the train and returned to Montreal. Our trips from
Calgary to Montreal and return were via Air Canada.

Comparatively, we all agreed we much preferred the train to flying when
the train trip was of six hours duration or less. I don't know about
Amtrak but the Via service we received was much superior to the service
we received from Air Canada which quite frankly stunk. To summarize:

Via: on time service, lots of space for luggage and for you to stretch
out, good food and no x-rays of film. Train stations in or near city center.

Air Canada: almost on time service, cramped space, mystery meat meal,
x-rays of film, etc.. Also, Montreal's airport is run by descendents of
Rhine River Pirates who demanded $60.00 so the four of us could pay for
"airport improvements".

Regards,

Greg

Message from "James A. Gatlin" <jagatlin@attbi.com> (Re: [Leica] WAS film and travel - NOW travel by Amtrak)