Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M7 and battery life
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 00:13:35 -0400

- --On Thursday, July 25, 2002 9:18 PM -0400 Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
wrote:

> At 05:36 PM 7/25/02 -0700, you wrote:
>
>> I know this doesn't answer your question specifically, hopefully it's
>> close. :-)
>>
>> ted
>

> Well, I can say that I took six sets of extra batteries for the M7 to
> Honduras and never needed to change at all!  I was afraid it would really
> eat up the batteries and knew I wouldn't be able to find them in the
> middle of nowhere, so I took lots of extras.  They are small after all.
> I came back with all 12 batteries still in their packages.  I took about
> 30 rolls with the M7 and when I got back and had another assignment, I
> changed batteries just to be safe; otherwise, the original 2 would still
> be in there!  They are still registering full on the battery tester.

Did you run into the problem I had coming back from the Middle East? Namely
that, if they hand-check your camera bag in the secondary gate check, they
won't let you take the batteries on board in carry-on luggage if they find
them?

Ridiculous, but true.

My guess is that the security people have a directive that bombs might be
disguised as batteries. I suppose this is meant to apply to D cells and the
like, but we all know that logic isn't meant to interfere these days.

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.