Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 30
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 19:26:24 -0700

robmellor showed:
> This pic was taken during the Common Wealth games. I liked the shop name
> Unique, then too see three of the same dresses in the window. I also liked
> the way the red brick frames the shop.
> All comments welcome.
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=910240<<<<<

Rob my man what a pity!!!  :-)

Here I am expecting to see some smashing good shot of something from the
Commonwealth Games... the first Games I've missed since 1970 and what do I /
we get?  A snap shot of some dress window badly exposed and whatever else it
is.

But hardly a worth while PAW photo! You didn't hold the camera straight.
The exposure is off for the window... you are too far away from the window
as it might have been interesting, "might have" I said!

You see here's what happens at times when we get hung up on signage. While
we're standing there it sometimes makes a some sort of sense in our minds
eye as a photo, but the minds eye doesn't transfer to the film. ERGO!  we
expose a piece of film that doesn't do anything like our mind thought was
there.

You're not alone, everyone here has done it before and if they haven't look
what they have to look forward to. A photo that didn't transfer from what
they saw in their mind to what it looks like on film!

Sorry mate, may I suggest you go to the Games and possibly come away with a
great PAW for next week. :-)
ted