Subject: Re: [Leica] sighting - decline of the New Yorker
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:16:52 -0700

on 7/29/02 11:31 AM, Allan Wafkowski at allanwafkowski@mac.com thoughtfully
wrote:

> Alas, I remember when the New Yorker was a good magazine too.
>
> Allan

Boy, talk about "Annals the Former World"...sigh. As Miss Marple would say:
"Tina has MUCH to answer for."

Back in the 70s when I was in the Navy I looked forward to the "New Yorker"
eagerly. I read it cover to cover (mostly at sea because there wasn't ever
enough time in port). I still remember a long (was there any other kind?)
essay about a young concert pianist which eventually lead me back to taking
lessons.