Subject: Re: [Leica] DEMO Equipment
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:11:07 -0400

on 7/30/02 8:50 AM, Sal DiMarco,Jr. at sdmp007@pressroom.com wrote:

> LUGgers,
> As I understand things, demo equipment sold my Leica USA falls into the
> following catagories:
> 1.- Salemen's samples.
> 2.- Loaner Pool equipment.
> 3.- Equipment used at trade shows.
> 4.- Equipment returned by customers where the item was replaced rather than
> repaired.
> So you can see the condition of the gear varies greatly.
> Before the equipment is offered for sale, it is checked by the repair
> department and repaired if necessary. It is generally sold with a ninety day
> warranty.
> Happy Snaps,
>
> Sal DiMarco, Jr.
> Philadelphia, PA
> Web Site: http://members.fcc.net/sal.dimarcojr
>
> --

My understanding of source of equipment is the same ;however, blue carded
items have one year warranty.

I have been a longtime member of LHSA, 1980's??? and remember old guys with
collectibles and no pictures; however, now there are more photographs and
still the rare unused or like new equipment crowd but now many seem younger
for some reason.

OT got my Nikon CP5700 last week and WOW the images are WOW.

The other user of
Happy snaps,

Steven Alexander