Subject: RE: [Leica] Women as pros - New Yorker...
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:30:20 -0400

Adam, agreeing with Allan's(?) comment that the New Yorker used to be a good
magazine, noted that "Tina has much to answer for."
Yes, she does - saving the New Yorker. I am not a fan of Tina Brown's, and I
will grant you there were some wonderful things about the old New Yorker
that are not part of the present New Yorker. On the other hand, Tina Brown's
more commercial, dare I say "accessible?" approach, saved the New Yorker
from the dustbin of publishing. And while it may not be saying allot, some
of the best surviving magazine journalism is found in the New Yorker.

B. D.