Subject: RE: [Leica] 35mm Summilux-M
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:32:05 -0400

- --On Wednesday, July 31, 2002 11:56:29 AM -0400 "B. D. Colen"
<bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Seth Rosner inexplicably - ;-) - wrote:
>
> ...Unquestionably today Leica
> is striving to introduce cameras and lenses that perform better than the
> Leica products they replace.
>
> ---------------------
>
> Unquestionably? I don't think so. While there seems little questions that
> the optical quality of the latest generation of lenses represents a marked
> improvement over earlier generations. But while build quality is still
> probably the world's best, the build quality of today's Leica lenses
> doesn't match up to the build quality of earlier Leica lenses - but what
> does match up in today's world?

I you want to hear a lengthy diatribe on how the build quality has been
cheapened since the M3, just ask Sherry the question sometime :-). But be
sure you have some time available, since it *is* quite a rant...

- --
Rolfe Tessem
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com