Subject: [Leica] Nikon LS-1000 scanner looking for good home.
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@kestrel.alerce.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 20:34:53 -0700

I have a Nikon LS-1000 scanner that's looking for a place to feel
useful.  I have the "mac" package, which just meant that it didn't
come with a scsi card for your PC, since Macs in that day and age all
included a scsi interface.

It's an older scanner, but never saw much use (darn graduate
school...) and still works just fine.

Here's a link to some general discussion about the scanner:

http://www.photo.net/nikon/scanner/ls-1000/index

And here's a link to Nikon's website w/ current docs, drivers,
etc....

http://www.nikonusa.com:80/usa_tech_center/dtc_options.jsp?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=9290

I know it's not a big dollar item, and I'm not looking for cash.  I'd
like to trade it for the best offer of a donation to the Milo
Foundation (a local pet rescue group, http://www.milofoundation.org).

Here's a bit of obligatory Leica content, my friend Daisy found a home
through the Milo Foundation.

    http://grapeape.alerce.com/ls_1000_daisy

Alternatively, suggest a good use that it might go to.

g.