Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 shutter lag (or lack thereof?)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 06:25:59 -0700

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Hi Ted,
>
> As much as I respect your opinions and even more so your work, I have to
> disagree with you on this one. Shutter lag IS an important consideration
when
> choosing a camera if you take "decisive moment" type pictures. I am right
now
> looking at your picture of Pierre Trudeau sliding down the handrail that
you so
> kindly sent to me last year; I very much doubt that this picture could
have been
> made with a modern electronic camera. By the time the shutter tripped,
Trudeau
> would probably have been all the way down (assuming that you had spotted
the
> scene at the same moment as you actually did).<<<,

G'day Nathan,
As I've learned from others and now yourself, there is a definite shutter
lag with digi cams of various makes and if the day comes I purchase one I
shall take your good words to mind before I do.

It's highly unlikely I'll ever buy any for shooting my work as I suppose
it'd be kind of difficult hanging 3 of those honking big Canon's on my body!
;-)

And with shutter delays attached it certainly eliminates them. :-) it's M7's
and R8's all the way! ..... ;-)
ted

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] M7 shutter lag (or lack thereof?))
Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] M7 shutter lag (or lack thereof?))