Subject: Re: [Leica] Documentary photography - pj
From: Magnessbill@aol.com
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 09:46:25 -0400

Hi Ted,
I don't think I'm fooling myself, I realize all is not gravy.
Today I am 48, with a successful advertising studio,(we have a lame website- www.marshinc.com) busy shoots involve 16 hr. days with clients, agency people, marketing people, lots of paper work etc.all the un-fun stuff you mention. In 10 yrs. the kid will be done with college, house paid off and hopfully the investments (401k) will have been successfull.
I know the business, I can build portfolios, I can market myself, I have all the equipment I need and I can learn to live with less in order to persue my dreams.
As I'm planning today, I believe I will be able to make this sort of career change.
As for health, I exersize and watch what I eat- but I know there are no guarentees :)
I know several active photographers who are in their 70's, so that should give me 10 - 12 yrs. of shooting travel, stock and fine art images.
Forever hopeful,
Bill   asmp