Subject: Re: [Leica] WOW!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 13:35:45 -0700

><Snip>
>
> I don't get it.  The underwater ones are nice but most of the others look
> like snapshots.  The ones on her website
> http://www.in-public.com/autiofolio.html  all look underexposed and too
> contrasty.  Can somebody explain why these photos are exceptional?
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Manley, ASMP
> http://www.tinamanley.com

I think she is intentionally working compositionally with these big
blacks and doing so it's certainly important she get a true rich black
but it looks like she went too far in that goal in the scanning for the
Web, or Net or whatever they call it.

Also what probably explains it is "pushed" film. Good-by shadows!

To me she looks like one part Eggleston one part HCB with a neutral
density filter and Ray Ban Sunglasses!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com